New Year’s Revolutions……….
No. I’ve not got the spelling of “Resolutions” wrong (although my spelling is total crap).
This is not a review of my 2016 you will be pleased to know. I can sum my year up in two simple pictures…….
Almost another New Year….
Well. Actually yet another year but with just a different number isn’t it?
Is it starting anew, or just starting the cycle again?
I gave up New Year Resolutions years ago as I never stuck to them, just ended up pretty much where I was at the start of every year. More like Revolutions not Resolutions….
Don’t get me wrong. Being pretty much in the same place is ok with me. I quite like where I am and how things are going. Of course there are things I’d like to change….
- Get Fit
- Lose Weight
- Get Rich
- Frown More
- Be the next James Bond
- Save the world (let’s face it, we have really fucked it up)
You know. Realistic and achievable stuff……
Which is why my resolutions never got carried through maybe? Unachievable. Or in the short term at least.
The other reason is that I don’t pay attention to what works for me.
Take my Diabetes (actually, don’t take it. You wouldn’t want a bit of Grumps in you…..). End goal is to ride the London Surrey 100 (finally after 2 years of deferring my place).
If I want to drop my A1c, or just get more time in range, I set achievable targets (7 day average, then 14 day, 30 day etc.) so I can see progress. This keeps me motivated and the end result is the goal I was aiming for.
So that’s my approach for 2017!
- No alcohol in January. Have signed up for Dryathalon and its an achievable quick win.
- Walk 15,000 steps per day (actually use the fitbit for more than telling the time).
- Take my bike off the garage wall (I’m not promising ill ride it but at least it will be like weight lifting 1 rep….)
- Find an exercise I enjoy (NO! not that one! 10 seconds “max sprint” isn’t going to get me fit….)
- Do what I said I would do and stop making excuses for why I didn’t!…….
We will see how it works out I guess
Grumpy New Year.
Live Long and Bolus.